Photographed by: Union Photographers
I’m playing with Estee Lauder Cosmetics this week and I’m excited to test out their New Dimension series. These user friendly products provide the facial contours a tighter and more sculpted look. It’s contouring made easy and that looks natural.
Step 1: Prepare the skin
I started with a clean skin, I tested out Estee Lauder’s “New” New Dimension Expert Liquid Tape ($78). This treatment contains fast-acting polymers that help firm, tone and give a more sculpted, lifted look around your eyes and contours of the face.
– Apply a thin film on clean, dry skin.
– Don’t apply over skincare or makeup. It should be the very first step in your regimen after cleansing.
– Do let it dry completely before applying any other formulas.
– Do gently pat or tap on any following formulas so you don’t “break” the Liquid Tape.
Step 2: Even out the complexion with foundation
Estee Lauder’s has deisgned this new Double Wear “Makeup to Go” Liquid Foundation ($50). This innovative compact keeps liquid foundation spill-proof and convenient to travel with. To apply, simply press the button to release the foundation and apply with fingers or a sponge. Press once for light touch up and twice for more coverage. I think this is genius packaging! It’s perfect for traveling with and it provides 8 hour wear.
This Double wear foundation is a little different from the original formula. This contains tri-moisture complex that leaves skin looking smooth and natural.
Step 3: Contour and Highlight the face.
To accentuate my face in a natural and sculpted way, I used Estee Lauder’s New Dimension Shape + Sculpt Face Kit ($55). This is a cream based contour palette comes with a light shade to accentuate and bring light to your features, and a dark shade to contour the face.
(follow instructions and photos below…)
– Start by dipping the outer part of your thumb into the darkest shade of the scuplting kit, then press your thumbs together to transfer the color onto the other thumb.
– Next, with the palms of your hands facing up, place your thumbs below your cheekbones and pressed them into my face to mark a shadow line.
– Lastly, using the angled sponge applicator or a foundation brush, blend out the shadow line using diagonal back strokes toward the ear until the line is blended.
Step 4: Highlight the high points of the face
Dip your foundation brush into the lightest shade of the contour palette then lightly blend on the high points of the face (ie: cheek bones, bridge of nose, brow bone…), to enhance and sculpt the face.
Step 5: Apply Concealer
Brighten under the eyes by applying the light shade of the contour kit
Step 6: Fill and Shape Eye Brows
Estee Lauder launched their “New” Brow Now brow defining pencil. This gel pencil creates a natural or fuller-looking brow and glides on easily for long-wearing, buildable, water-resistant color. It lasts up to 12 hours and has a built in spooled brush on the end. I really enjoy using this brow pencil and it has become my new favorite!
Step 6: Apply Eye Shadow
To dress the eyes, I’m using Estee Lauder’s “New” Pure Color Envy Defining Eyeshadow in “Strong Current”. This new formula provides color purity and can be applied dry, for a softer more translucent finish, or wet, for more intensity and depth. It’s crease-resistant, non-flaking and talc-free.
Step 8: Apply Lipgloss
To complete the look, I’m using Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lip Volumizer ($32). This product plumps, hydrates and smoothes the lips. It goes on clear, then turns to a rosy glow that revives the lip tone.
For more information about the products used in this tutorial, please visit www.estelauder.ca. Estee Lauder products are available at The Bay, Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom and Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques.