Photographed by: Daniella Guzzo Photography
#whatruwearing: Royal Blue Silk Jumper: Vintage | Clutch Purse: Vintage | Tan Pumps: Stuart Weitzman | Accessories: Elsa Corsi, Jeweliette Jewellery | Makeup: Make Up For Ever, MAC, Nars, Laura Mercier
After a two and a half hour drive and a 20 minute hike, photographer Daniella Guzzo and I finally made it to our designation — Big Four Ice Caves in Granite, Washington! Wow
what a majestic sight! To be honest, I felt like I was on another planet as we approached the caves, but once we were there, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s amazing to see these large masses of ice towering over us as they were slowly melting. As we entered the mouth of the cave, it was like walking into the abyss; very dark and cold. We were extra careful to avoid the odd chunk of ice that would randomly fall from above, and slowly made our way to the back of the cave. Once we made it in, we encountered a gorgeously sparkling waterfall, which was surrounded by pieces of that looked large glimmering diamonds.
The Big Four Ice Caves Trail is a National Recreation Trail and is popular among hikers in the Mount Baker National Forest. It’s a must-see spot and I highly recommend that you check it out!
This silk, cobalt-blue, one-pieces jumpsuit is a vintage number that I picked up a few years back. The color caught my eye immediately and as I examined it, I could tell it was a special piece straight out of the late 70’s. Although it’s vintage, this silhouette is something we’re seeing in fashion everywhere these days. A few key garment details that I wanted to point out are:
- It’s belted, which is ideal for creating a feminine and defined waist. Kind of reminiscent of the DVF’s Lori Silk Jumpsuit
- It has pockets, which in my opinion is always a good idea, and gives it a cool and casual menswear feel.
- The hem of the pant leg tapers at the ankle, which defines the ankles and shows off some skin while showcasing the shoes beautifully.
- The button sleeves at the wrists creates a drapey billowy effect through the arms.
- Over all this look is relaxed and comfortable and appropriate for many occasions.
Like a dress, this pieces is a no brainer. It’s super comfy and you don’t have to think about what to coordinate it with. Simply slip it on, add heels and accessories, and voila! Here’s how model, Chrissy Teigen , is wearing her jumpsuit!
Happy Weekend, Everyone!