Photohraphy by: Daniella Guzzo
#whatruwearing – Lingerie: La Vei en Rose | “Creme de la Creme” T-shirt: Countdown Events | Dishware: Denby “White Collection” , The Hudson’s Bay | Bedding and Silver Tray: Homesense | “Classic Vancouver” Custom Fine Art Coasters: Daniella Guzzo Fine Art | Jewellery: Elsa Corsi Couture Jewellery, Jewelette Jewellery | Fragrance: Chanel Madmoiselle , Holt Renfrew | Bath and Body Care: L’Occitane | Nail Lacqure: Essi “Sand Tropez”
It’s been a busy couple of months, and underneath it all, I’ve been feeling a little off balance and really looking forward to a day off to myself. Sundays are my favorite days! Aside from the usual fun visits with friends or delicious dinners with family, there’s nothing like waking up in the comfort of your home and enjoying a day of doing absolutely nothing! It’s the one day of the week where I feel like I’m on a mini vacation. Where I can drown out all the noise that clutters my head and forget about the never ending list of “things to do” that comes with running your own business. It isn’t easy to shut off but it’s necessary. It’s a day where I can lounge around, maybe have breakfast in bed while I sip (…and actually FINISH!!) a great cup of coffee, and even catch up on some reading. A perfect Sunday consists of me chilling out in my jammies for as long as possible, followed by a long bath, where I can quietly enjoy a moment of prayer and meditation, and give thanks for all of my many blessings. And of course spending time with my favorite person in the world, my hubby!
Did you know that it’s been over two years since I began producing my makeover column in The Sunday Province Newspaper’s? Yet I still get excited every time I open the “Live It” section and see it! Some things never get old — not only do I see and get to do the makeover transformations LIVE in the studio, I see the image again when I’m writing and editing the story for my editors, and I still can’t get over some of the before and afters when they’re finally in print! It brings me such great joy to know that I have the privilage of working with some truly amazing women, and that I can provide them with a positive change in the way they look and feel about them selves. It’s very gratifying and rewarding!
Big thanks to La Vie en Rose for the care package filled with these über comfy and ultra sexy Invisible Wireless Push Up bras and cute panties. Not to mention this pretty assortment of bracelets, from Jeweliette Jewellery, that I recently added to my stack! Thanks to the plethora of sparkly goodies, those fabulous Ladies have me covered for every occassion! And how could I resist wearing this adorable “Creme de la Creme” t-shirt by Countdown Events? I’m throughly enjoying everything – Merci!
I love my Denby “White Collection” dishware. I recieved a few pieces for my wedding, 7 years ago, and I continue to add to my collection. They’re super versatile, and mix and match beautifuly with both my vintage and modern pieces. The gold flatware, which I inherited from my mother-in-law, are such a treasure to have and I truely cherish them. My black diamond point stemware add the perfect touch of drama and compliment my new favorinte Custom Fine Arts Coasters, by Daniella Guzzo, which feature images of my favorite iconinc landmarks in Vancouver.
Daniella Guzzo…YOUR ROCK! You are a true professional and really know how to make a woman feel comfortable when all she has on are her skivvies! I’ve never done a “boudoir” shoot before (…nor do I have the rack of a Victoria’s Secret Supermodel), and I really felt sexy and empowered by it. Your bedside manner, along with your wonderful photography skills, made this lifestyle session very unique for me! I now know why so many women flock to you; you’re a true artist! I can’t wait to unveil the rest of these “HOT SHOTS” to my hubby!
Remember to take a moment to enjoy the simple things in life! Love and take care of yourself because you are worthy of it!
10 things I do to feel sexy in my skin:
1. Take a relaxing bath. – Bath time is an every day ritual. At the end of the day, when I’m feeling tired, an epsom salt or buble bath rids “la stanchezza” or my fatigue and instatnly make s me feel rejuvenated!
2. Silky smooth legs – Smooth “J-Lo” skin feels very sexy. If I’m having a not-so-svelte day, all I have to do is shave my legs and instantly I feel skinny. It’s totally phsycological, but…whatever, it works!
3. Get a mani and pedi – Due to my line of work, I’m on my feet all day and my hands are constantly in water. By the end of the week, I’m a mess! Sundays are my “polish change” days and presto-changeo, I feel presentable again.
4. Wear good underwear! – There’s nothing better than wearing good undergarments that fit well. When the fit’s right, the “Girls” are happy, and my clothing look a million times better on!
5. Add some sparkle – Sparkly things make me happy! It’s that “shimmer of glimmer” or statement piece that completes an outfit, no matter the occasion.
6. Wear heels – The higher the heels the closer to…heaven? (or the floor, if you can’t walk in them – YIKES!). Seriously though, heels instantly make me stand taller, walk confidently and look slimmer.
7. Wear perfume – Chanel, Narciso Rodriguez, Angel, Jo Malone; depending on my mood, these are just a few of my “go-to” scents that I can’t live without!
8. Add flowers! – Flowers instatnly make a space feel beautiful. I love placing freshly cut flowers in every room of the house to add life and character to the environment. Some of my favorite flowers include peonies, hydrangeas, tulips and roses; just to name a few.
9. Wear red lipstick – “Russian Red”, by MAC Cosmetics, has been a staple in my makeup kit since 1997 and I can’t get enought of it. It’s my signature color and makes me feel super feminine and strong!
10. Dance like nobody’s watching – I’m sure I’m not the only person who does this but I LOVE dancing with myself! Admit it people…you do it too!! Hop-Hop, Salsa, Country, 80’s…you name it and I’ll bust a move! Plus it’s currently the only form of a excersize I get on a weekly basis!
“Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself and be good to yourself. Because without you, the rest of us are without a source or many wonderful things!” ~ Dr. Leo Buscaglia
Peace & Love!